Tea Chai Te

Tea Chai Te
10 Years of Unique Teas & Cozy Tea Shops in Portland, Oregon USA

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Gifts of the Heart

This last year for me has been one filled with awareness and appreciation of the amount of care my husband gives to our relationship and family daily. Every morning, he wakes with a gentle smile and has miles of patience to spare for our wildly awake little boys. There are moments when all you see is tiny feet, arms and legs all over him as the boys climb their Daddy like he is their official jungle gym. As I type this sentence, he is dragging one leg, overbite growling and acting like a zombie while slowly chasing our squealing and giggling boys around the house.

There are many moments I could list where he shows his love in unconscious ways. From doing the dishes daily and giving me hand massages to ease pain to bringing home foods I'll love weekly that can meet my evolving dietary needs in our quest to achieve pain free living for me, he inspires me to love myself too. And this winter season, he surprised me yet again with some beautiful trinkets that speak to how he sees what brings me joy. To have a soul mate who appreciates all the things about me that make me "Angelbabybaby" is the biggest blessing in life. What a guy!


 Squirrel Origami Necklace by Laonato

Made by Jinny, owner of Laonato, created this dainty origami squirrel necklace using gold plated brass. As a friend of a squirrel, I am very grateful to have a reminder of Nutty in such a beautiful creation. The very tiny details of this design are so amazing and I look forward to pairing this necklace with one of my own favorite necklace designs I made a few years ago- a gentle black Tektite stone and gold chain.



Other jewelry in the photo: Gold dipped Birch leaf earrings from Tillamook Cheese Factory gift shop $25; Gold dipped crystal quartz necklace, my own design




Silver Slippers by Sandalianas



To add some more sparkle to my life, my husband also gave me these beautiful silver fairy slippers.

Handmade in Athens, Greece with the best quality leather and fur
from 100% sheep wool (muton), these very soft slippers are the creation of G.Papi of the Esty shop, Sandalianas.






No comments:

Post a Comment